The ONLINE Vegan Cheese Course (6 weeks) is an ONLINE training journey through the world of making some of the world's most popular cheeses vegan and using some of them to make some of the most popular cheese dishes of the world. The class is offered over 6 weeks, that provides intensive focus on the processes of making plant based non-dairy cheese. Special techniques include: quick setting, rapid fermenting, making meltable cheeses, aging and rind finishing techniques, aromatic and flavoring layering and creating a variety of cheese textures. Course includes not only making popular cheeses but also how to use those cheeses in popular cheese based dishes.
How ONLINE Course Works?
You will be provided a course console using a GOOGLE Proprietary system that you use to navigate recipes and training videos conducted at our training centers around the world. There is not a video for every recipe but there are videos for key recipes. The videos are a combination of both LIVE (you can watch later) and Recorded (from previous courses) videos provided to you in a secure and proprietary Facebook Group with fellow online students from around the world. You will post pictures or videos of the dishes you have done and share with us likes and dislikes as well as questions on how to modify the recipe to meet your unique needs.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
- Students are provided access to course materials including recipes for students to develop buy lists
- Students have 6 weeks to complete course
- Course is combination of pre-recorded and LIVE video of in person course but can be watched at any time during the 6 weeks
- Students are required to select a certain amount of recipes to complete to receive a Certificate of Completion.
TYPES OF CHEESES
Here is an example of some types of cheeses made. The list may change based on seasonal availability of ingredients or on experience of students enrolled:
- Cheddar (see example)
- French Brie
- Dutch Edam
- Bleu & Roquefort Cheese
- Swiss Emmental
- Spanish Mahon
- Greek Feta
- Italian Parmesan Cheese
- Cream Cheese
TYPES OF CHEESE DISHES
- Melted Cheeses for Pizza and Nachos
- Sliceable cheese for burgers and sandwiches
- Cheese Fondue
- And many more
SPECIALTY TECHNIQUES INCLUDE
- Fermenting and culturing
- Smoking Cheeses
- Building an Indoor Smoker
- Using Potato Protein Isolate
- Using Plant Based Aromas
- Creating aged finishes for vegan cheeses
- Cheese Plate Assembly
While there will be some Gluten Free options available during the course, it is not the focus of this course or of Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy. The school uses traditional sweeteners in recipes. Instructors can make suggestions for refined sugar-free or artificial sweeteners on a case by case basis, but we do not use these sweetener substitutions.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon your completion of the amount of projects/recipes required for your course, you will be issued a Certificate of Completion. To receive a Certification of Completion from our academy program that you can use on your CV or to pursue other employment opportunities you must complete the following:
- Finish the minimum number of Projects/Assignments within 6 weeks of the start of the course. You get to select from a wide variety of projects/assignments.
- Watch all Video Courses online and participate by providing photos and/or video of your work.
PREREQUISITES FOR ONLINE COURSE
The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about plant based and vegan food, whether novices or those with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan versions of traditional recipes from around the world. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to make exceptional vegan versions at home.
NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Our ONLINE courses require students at a minimum to have the following:
- You must have a phone number we can dial, we will not accept orders without telephone numbers
- Computer or Smart Phone
- Internet Connectivity
- Facebook Account (required)
- Camera or Phone Camera
Basic equipment is needed depending on the course and the extent you want to take your training. For all of our courses you will need a blender, cook top, oven, etc. We recommend a food processor, stand or hand mixer, a thermometer, measuring spoons and a scale. Specialty equipment like Ice Cream makers, Thermal blenders like Thermomix, Dehydrator, or Pizza oven are completely optional.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
The following is a resource for students to use to answer some of the questions they may have: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)